Sunday, January 17, 2010

Robinson 44

Photobucket
Peeps, I'm getting out of ideas to blog weih, heck! I guess it's b'coz i'm stuck in dead town. I've nowhere to go, what i do the best is rotting @ home. I guess i'll die of boredom soon,hell ! Since i've nothing special to blog * but insist to post something to ensure my blog is still alive * , so i'd like to share with you about my studies. XD I guess the few posts of next are still the same. Hopefully you'll get interested with aviation, or else my traffic is gonna clear, no weih !
Well, let's start! Robinson 44 is the name of a helicopter, aka chopper. In Malaysia, not many schools are conducting the rotor wings course. Till the moment, I guess my school and INTS in Ipoh are conducting the course. Of course, you can get into Airforce, an alternative besides the flying schools.
Some friends asked me, do i know how to fly the chopper? Definitely, No. I'd like to clarify about it. There're many kinds of flying licenses, major in fixed wing and rotor wing. Fixed wing refers to the propeller or turbine jet aircraft such like commercial plane or the light aircraft that i'm flying currently. Rotor wing refers to chopper. Both of these are totally different in manner of theory, techniques and aerodynamics. So, basically I don't really know much of chopper. What I know is to get the chopper license is definitely tougher and expensive compare to fixed wing license. The course fee is double up of fixed wing course fee, around 500k i guess. To control a chopper ,you need a very high skill in term of hovering, accelerate and etc.


Photobucket
Let's get back to Robinson 44 , R44 . This is a very basic and simple chopper which is just fine to beginner. My school just started the course last year with the only fleet, so it's a good starting point. =]


Photobucket
As i said this is a very basic chopper, so you won't get to see many instruments as photo above. Not like the fixed wing that i'm flying currently . Pheww..


Photobucket
Let's see the back. The tail rotor rotates faster than the main rotor twice. The tail rotor's position and distance from the center of gravity allow it to develop thrust in a direction opposite of the main rotor's rotation, to counter the torque effect created by the main rotor. While, the main rotor is maneuver the chopper by changing the blade pitch in order to give different of angle of attack.

Photobucket
this picture is the description of what i mentioned just now. =]


Photobucket
The front view, somehow, i feel it looks like a small creature, insect with 4 legs, 2 superb huge eyes, and the nostril ? XD I'm thinking of Kamen Rider ! wtf !


Photobucket
yea, I'm sitting inside! XD but i don't how to fly it weih ! wtf !




okie, finish ! hopefully it won't get you bored ! XD

-drew-



8 comments:

kRaZy said...

lol, i find it quite interesting actually. Perhaps because I don't have pilot friends =P

~Live Life~ said...

Yeap! I found it pretty interesting too...u know...I love these kind of stuff too...=)

Share more...can learn more about what I love while reading your blog...good good!

andrew said...

krazy, haha,, now you're my fren ! hi fren =]


livelife, sure bro, coming up next post i think will be about my study too. stay tuned ! XD

annfrendly said...

wow.. it's cool..

Elaine C. said...

Lol! You only can sit in it but can't fly it?? -.-"

andrew said...

ann, hey thx !

Elaine, haha.. yea .. i can't fly it. I don't know how to fly it at all XD

renaye said...

wow... u r a pilot! cool!!!!

wen pink said...

wahhhh so niceee.. i also wanna try can?!?! i heard to get a piloting license, u will need like RM250k???