Friday, November 27, 2009

- restaurant fong keow, bak kut teh -

Okie, this will be the food review. I have been craving for bak kut teh for so long as in can't really get the chance to eat pork in kelantan. How sad! As i'm back to KL, definitely bak kut teh is my priority in food list. When we talk about bak kut teh, inevitably Klang is the best place to go. And so, randomly I pick a restaurant. Here's it , Restaurant Fong Keow (Pottery) Bak Kut Teh.

Photobucket
here is it.

As you can see, the restaurant is kinda special than others . It provides WIFI access as well!! wtf?! Eating bak kut teh while surfing the net?! wtf ! And of course, Air-conditioning is provided as well.

Photobucket
the bak kut teh


Photobucket


Photobucket

Okie, what do i think abt the meal ? Overall, it's so nothing to me. Seriously I can't feel any special with it compare to normal. Furthermore, it's quite expensive to me. I have it with my girlfriend and it costs RM36.00 ! Only for 2 persons!
Here's the bill details.
- RM10 per person X 2 = RM20
-RM5 for the mushroom ( kam zam gu )
-RM 8 for the veges
-RM1 for the rice X 2
-RM0.50 for the drink X 2

Total = RM 36.00!! =.=''


The address :
53, Jalan Batai Laut, Kawasan 16, Taman Intan, 41300 Klang, Selangor.


-drew-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I was conned when the bill came out RM36 when I order 1 person bak kut teh, a plate of seafood toufu(8 pieces which the size is like eraser) and a yao mak(vegetable). My friend said that because we speak Chinese instead of hokkien therefore they chop us.

Besides that, they charge extra RM3 for golden mushroom for a single person bak kut teh which only cost RM10 that make up the total of RM13 for the whole pot. The taste is not that fantastic either and I consider it edible only. Seafood toufu which cost RM9 where I can easily purchase it readily at the market and it’s not like it’s homemade or anything special. Yao mak which is stingy in their oyster sauce that cost RM 8 where I can get it in PJ for a merely RM6.

Service is bad when I request for 1 extra rice and they gave me 2 rice which I have trouble asking them to take back. Then, they charge for 2 extra rice which I only notice after I left the building.(Well, I don’t really blame them for this as it might be mistake but guys do double check the receipt after you paid.)

This restaurant is now officially in my blacklisted restaurant.

Anonymous said...

5 reasons to eat at Fong Keow Pottery BKT:
1) VERY nice environment
2) VERY lousy taste
3) VERY EXPENSIVE
4) VERY VERY EXPENSIVE
5) REALLY VERY EXPENSIVE & NOT NICE TASTE!